7 reasons olives are good for you:
- Cardiovascular benefits
- Cancer prevention
- Skin and hair health
- Bone and connective tissue
- Digestive tract health
- Good source of iron
- Eye health
Also the healthy facts:
- oleic acid – up to 77% of olives’ fat content is oleic acid, a monounsaturated fat. Studies show that replacing saturated fats with unsaturated fats can help maintain normal blood cholesterol levels.
- calories – there are about 150 kcal in every 100 gr of olives. That’s about 6 kcal per olives.
- iron – black olives are a particularly good source of iron, accounting for 45.5% of the recommended daily allowance.
- Vitamin E – table olives are a good source of vitamin E which helps protect cells from oxidative damage.
- no harmful fats – table olives are a saturated fat free food.
- olives are easy to digest – due to lignin/cellulose ratio which is lower than 0.5; eating seven olives a day is good for you and your body.